Certification Conservative Dentistry – Functional and Aesthetic (EDA)
Dentists with Certification in the specialism of Conservative Dentistry – functional and aesthetic (EDA), as a result of their high level of training and based on state-of-the-art examination and diagnosis, are particularly capable of developing treatment planning tailored to the individual patient according to technical and economic criteria. Depending on the case, they treat patients in their own practice or work in an interdisciplinary team with colleagues and specialists from all disciplines. The documented records held by the European Dental Association are a shared resource. In Germany the certification is suitable evidence of an equivalent focus of dental work, within the guidelines of professional associations, provided appropriate proof is presented.
The following requirements must be met for certification to be awarded:
- 100 hours of EDA-recognized CPD in the past five years.
- Presentation of two documented, self-treated cases, one of which should focus on preventive and the other on restorative aspects (interdisciplinary teamwork is possible).
- Attendance at the EDA-approved CPD courses in the individual specialist fields.
- At least 3 years of work focusing on the field of conservative dentistry – functional and aesthetic. The focused activity is substantiated by 300 conservative measures in the past five years.
- Examination by a committee convened by the Board and review of the submitted documentation. Written and oral.
Expectations of a dental practitioner focusing on Conservative Dentistry -
Functional and Aesthetic (EDA)
- Working with colleagues as part of a quality circle
- Scientific papers within the bounds of possibility
The certification is valid for five years. After that period, for the purposes of re-certification, evidence of hours of CPD must again be provided and patient cases submitted for review.